I’ve finally gotten around to releasing my new MythTV plugin. Take a look at it here:
“MythSimpleVideos is my MythTV plugin which provides alternative functionality to MythVideo. It was created to allow simple, fast streaming of videos from a NAS device.”
- Fast directory listing. Does not recursively scan like MythVideo (in ‘File Browse Mode’), which destroys NAS performance.
- No requirement to ‘Scan For Changes’ (in comparison to MythVideo in the default mode).
- ‘One Click Viewing’ – automatically selects the best video file to play in the selected directory.
- Quick file deletion – finished watching your video? rm -r the directory!
- No metadata – I don’t want/need it.
- No subdirectory viewing/playing (may be added in future).
(It’s supposed to be basic!)